Spoiler alert: there is no unified, monolithic "women's vote" or "minority/'PoC' vote."

Allen17

Spoiler alert: there is no unified, monolithic "women's vote" or "minority/'PoC' vote."

Post by Allen17 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:14 pm

The fact that the leading Democrats and many activists seem to be betting the farm on this "demographics defines people/is destiny" electoral/political strategy is not just stupid, it's fucking insulting. Instead of doing what just might work a tad better (read: creating and implementing a broad-based, universal message around CLASS issues - working people, men and women, white and not white, LGBTQ or not, single or married, with children or without children, living in poverty or precariously close to poverty - yes, all social/cultural what-have-you backgrounds are important and different, but what matters is CLASS), the fact that the Democratic Establishment and many of their #Resistance activists have invested so much in this individualist, yuppie/bourgeois lifestyle liberalism of personalized "identity" and its "politics" speaks volumes about the current Democratic Establishment and their malignant incompetence and poverty of policy ideas. Trump don't even have to get off the shit-seat from where he tweets if this is the best the libs got...

Not that I give a shit either way, except for the fact that I'm surrounded by these people. Gotta get the fuck out of the Bay Area, I suppose...