Pedagogy of the Oppressor - Ayn Rand

blindpig

Re: Pedagogy of the Oppressor - Ayn Rand

Post by blindpig » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:18 pm

anaxarchos
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Chlamor's Indian comments are hilarious too but a little offputting considering how creepy they are. This is just out and out unbelievable.
Really unbelievable. I know everything I need to know about Rand now. Utter garbage. I mean, even if it weren't so creepy it is so inconsistent with any concept of personal liberty. It makes no sense.
Yea well... You are obviously not doing your duty. It is your responsibility to believe this shit (and Hayek, too). How would it be if everyone took such a position?

Of course, raindrops don't believe anything at all. They are Nihilists.
"There is great chaos under heaven; the situation is excellent."

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:21 pm

Kid of the Black Hole
09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Topping this in lieu of responding on the Mr Anonymous thread. I'd been thinking that Libertarianism was kind of quiescent about this whole bailout of Wall Street -- at first it seemed like they might be the only ones to make a stink but then everyone woke up and realized what a screwjob it was.

Anyway, today at Taco Bell changed all that. This girl says, "well just proves everything Ayn Rand wrote was right". I say "howzzat" and she proceeds to blame the financial crisis on government intervention and regulation. I say "I think you mixed it up, government is intervening BECAUSE of the crisis".

She says "No, the government forced them to give out bad loans because they wanted more poor people to get housing".

I kinda felt like I was talking to Sarah Palin, so when I got home I went looking for the abridged version Chlamor posted here.

Incidentally, the girl in question did not know who John Galt was. Seems like that could be some kinda punchline.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:23 pm

anaxarchos
09-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Topping this in lieu of responding on the Mr Anonymous thread. I'd been thinking that Libertarianism was kind of quiescent about this whole bailout of Wall Street -- at first it seemed like they might be the only ones to make a stink but then everyone woke up and realized what a screwjob it was.

Anyway, today at Taco Bell changed all that. This girl says, "well just proves everything Ayn Rand wrote was right". I say "howzzat" and she proceeds to blame the financial crisis on government intervention and regulation. I say "I think you mixed it up, government is intervening BECAUSE of the crisis".

She says "No, the government forced them to give out bad loans because they wanted more poor people to get housing".

I kinda felt like I was talking to Sarah Palin, so when I got home I went looking for the abridged version Chlamor posted here.

Incidentally, the girl in question did not know who John Galt was. Seems like that could be some kinda punchline..
Only in America could someone at Taco Bell say that shit. More, only in America could someone working behind the counter for minimum wage say that shit. Only in America could that same person be struck down, stand before Saint Peter at the pearly gates, and when asked for "Social Status", report "Individual" or "Taxpayer" or "Middle Class-er" or "White Person" or something equally shameful. That is not just Roman shit; it is a Secular Sin of the highest order, worthy of the 47th sub-basement of Dante's Inferno.

There is no talking to that - it is purified only by fire and brimstone, the heat lightning of the Earthly Jehovah.

Where is John Brown when you need him?

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Kid of the Black Hole
09-28-2008, 02:26 AM

Incidentally, the girl in question did not know who John Galt was. Seems like that could be some kinda punchline..
Only in America could someone at Taco Bell say that shit. More, only in America could someone working behind the counter for minimum wage say that shit. Only in America could that same person be struck down, stand before Saint Peter at the pearly gates, and when asked for "Social Status", report "Individual" or "Taxpayer" or "Middle Class-er" or "White Person" or something equally shameful. That is not just Roman shit; it is a Secular Sin of the highest order, worthy of the 47th sub-basement of Dante's Inferno.

There is no talking to that - it is purified only by fire and brimstone, the heat lightning of the Earthly Jehovah.

Where is John Brown when you need him?

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/images/943.jpg
Hmm, I guess that would punctuate the story even more but I was actually with the girl who said this. I forget to add, she followed up by saying "when they make money, everybody makes money" but counteracted by "well, some of them ARE thieves"

I have no idea what the clerk thought, but it probably was less inane, even if it was "I feel gassy today"

EDIT: and before anyone speculates, I was giving her some informal insurance advice, and that's all

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:26 pm

anaxarchos
09-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Hmm, I guess that would punctuate the story even more but I was actually with the girl who said this. I forget to add, she followed up by saying "when they make money, everybody makes money" but counteracted by "well, some of them ARE thieves"

I have no idea what the clerk thought, but it probably was less inane, even if it was "I feel gassy today"

EDIT: and before anyone speculates, I was giving her some informal insurance advice, and that's all
I got it. It applies equally well to anyone (including the owners) who has ever seen the inside of a Taco Bell. And yes, it coulda come from someone workin' there - I've heard it. It is a unique out-of -body thing to see; far more wondrous than any TM based "astral projection" or "levitation".

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Michael Collins
09-28-2008, 04:53 AM
or is that "an" for short.

This is priceless: "Rand enables Libertarians, Neo-cons, pedophiles, serial killers, imperialists, pimps, mercenaries, stock brokers, secret polluters, oil company executives, racists, torturers, embezzlers, people who kick dogs,"

What a riff, you missed no one.

The Greeks of Alexander's time had a saying, "A big book is a bad book." I learned that before I saw the first dweeb carrying around one of those massive paperbacks. I did look once. I could barely read a page. It is that bad. I think reading the entire book would cause brain damage, no doubt about it.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:29 pm

09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
or is that "an" for short.

This is priceless: "Rand enables Libertarians, Neo-cons, pedophiles, serial killers, imperialists, pimps, mercenaries, stock brokers, secret polluters, oil company executives, racists, torturers, embezzlers, people who kick dogs,"

What a riff, you missed no one.

Thanks dude, but my brand of polemic is sadly out of fashion at the moment. In truth, I rarely get out of second gear - too alienating. It used to be that my main skill was that I could make anyone cry. Now, they're already cryin' when I get there.

Ah, well... maybe like double-breasted suits, it will all make a come-back.