Sympathy for the Devils...

blindpig

Re: Sympathy for the Devils...

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm

blindpig
08-15-2012, 09:24 AM

"the end of civilization as we know it", yes indeed, 'the most important election of our lifetime', if only it were so. Truth is, when we get done with it ya might have to call it something different.(if only to please chlamor)

That ain't no stag, it's the legend of the Irish Elk, a suitable metaphor for maladaptation.
"There is great chaos under heaven; the situation is excellent."

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:19 pm

anaxarchos
08-15-2012, 10:56 AM
That ain't no stag, it's the legend of the Irish Elk, a suitable metaphor for maladaptation.
Einen grimmen Schelch... with his tongue out (which ordinary Vermont deer also do).

BION, despite the moose antlers they were "giant deer" and not "elk"... but you've got great eyes, Mr. P.

I'll file it in the "Extinct and Mythological" file, alongside enlightened monarchs and progressive capitalists.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:20 pm

brother cakes
08-15-2012, 01:39 PM

there's a big part of me that wants Romney to win. it's the part of me that's sick and tired of the waking nightmare of liberal triumphalism. i know it won't make a difference. shit will just keep piling up at the same pace.

there is no part of me that wants Obama to win. i don't care if the democrats haven't exhausted all their credibility yet. all they do is blackmail people anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk0dBZ1meio

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:22 pm

blindpig
08-15-2012, 01:53 PM
there's a big part of me that wants Romney to win. it's the part of me that's sick and tired of the waking nightmare of liberal triumphalism. i know it won't make a difference. shit will just keep piling up at the same pace.

there is no part of me that wants Obama to win. i don't care if the democrats haven't exhausted all their credibility yet. all they do is blackmail people anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk0dBZ1meio
Just remember, if it ain't liberal triumphalism then it's gonna be four more years of liberal whining, false promises and posturing. Pick your poison.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Dhalgren
08-15-2012, 02:19 PM

I really "get" where Brother C is coming from. I also think that if Obama wins and royally fucks the working class (as everyone knows he and his party will), then that would go a long way toward "clearing the decks" of any Democratic hold on anyone with a pulse. I guess the truth is that none of us really has a dog in this fight, if Obama wins, then they will "double-down" with their right wing ideology; and if Romney wins, the same. I no longer listen to Liberals - neither in wimpy triumphalism nor in full-throated whine. It is the voice of the Boss, anyway you slice it...

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:23 pm

brother cakes
08-15-2012, 02:32 PM

what about joining the CPUSA and kicking all the revisionists and police agents out of it? even if that means starting from scratch (in terms of membership, not in terms of theory). i hear it's very easy. they don't weed out any applicants and all you have to do is pay dues.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm

blindpig
08-15-2012, 05:00 PM
what about joining the CPUSA and kicking all the revisionists and police agents out of it? even if that means starting from scratch (in terms of membership, not in terms of theory). i hear it's very easy. they don't weed out any applicants and all you have to do is pay dues.
We've discussed this at some length. It is absurdly easy to join CPUSA, too easy given the seriousness of the matter, and that speaks much as to how they regard themselves. But it's dirty pool, 'entryism', the party is a people's organization even if some shitheads are in charge, joining under false pretense sets a bad precedent. Fuckin' maddening, I know too well, was on the brink last year but pulled back. The revisionists are going to formally change the party or push their revisionism beyond the brink, might be there, before a new party can replace the old. Otherwise it's up to the membership to clean things up but that don't look too likely, dissidents are routinely expelled and to be honest, how did the party reach this sorry state anyway?

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm

brother cakes
08-15-2012, 05:24 PM

we could start a parallel CPUSA and force them to mount a legal challenge to our use of the party name. and that's when we will have them right where we want them. how easy would it be to make a case that the CPUSA as it exists now are false communists, traitors to the cause, possibly part of an elaborate plot to make communists look ridiculous?

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Dhalgren
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM
From Anax:

People vote because:

1. Someone has proposed putting a toxic waste dump in their living room ("All politics is local", yadda, yadda).

2. Because of "identity politics" ("A Catholic/Woman/True Christian/Black guy has to be better than these assholes", etc).

3. Because someone reaches into their bedroom while they are sleeping ("Did we tell you we hate anybody who speaks Spanish, is gay, or has female body parts?", and so on...).

4. Because there appears to be no difference except as to "personality" ("I'll take the wooden statue on the left, please" - also youth, vigor, experience, likability).

5. Because they have a Green Lantern secret decoder ring ("Ignore us when we say we will fuck you; we really mean THEM").

6. Because it is the same shit every time (SOooo... "It's time for a change").

If people don't vote or don't vote on class it is and can only be because class ain't in question.

Class "talk" is not enough.

Thus, we get point shaving, 50% turnout, and "money conquers all".

The political parties hate the voters and have nothing but contempt for them. The "voters" return it with interest.

(My bolding)
This just keeps repeating and keeps repeating. Blindpig called it "Pavlov's Dog" somewhere...

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Who can shove a Contra up your ass?
Beat Gaddafi with a touchdown pass?
Fucking A Man
Pete Buttigieg
Who's got chunks of JFK's head
Floating in a jar of formaldehyde under his bed?
Fucking A Man
Pete Buttigieg

courtesy: GUMBY 🍞📈@gumby4christ