Sympathy for the Devils...

blindpig

Re: Sympathy for the Devils...

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:40 pm

anaxarchos
09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Today's word is 'pandering'.

All over I see the call to arms, no pandering! They shall not pass, no way in hell, be it guns or abortion or religion, this is the line in the sand. Viva la difference!

Now, if yer talking about economic justice or health care or imperialism, well then, ahem...never mind.

Sure looking like the Palin nomination was a good choice for the Republicans, the predictable reaction looks like more of the same old shit, and we know where that goes.

They should change the name to 'Pavlov's Dog Party'.

http://wickeddelicious.com/blog/wp-cont ... ov_dog.jpg

Edit: Can't decide whether to file this under Jumping The Shark or Ya Can't Make This Up.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... id=6987231 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... id=6987231)
I dunno... If politics is personal, I suppose this shit is to be expected.

On the other hand, how much weirder is this than many of the "legitimate" issues on which such thoughtful and important electoral decisions are to be made?

So BP, I figure that if Obama wins, things go on pretty much as today with some minor throw-off from DU type places. BUT, if he loses... I figure about 5% radicalization (and pretty frustrated "radicalization" at that). What do you figure happens to the other 95%? Do they just try to do it again for another 4 years? Frankly, I think the middle-class version of the radical bourgeoisie is a lot like made-for TV remakes of popular movies. Maybe they just can't get the hair right.

ImageImageImage
"There is great chaos under heaven; the situation is excellent."

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Kid of the Black Hole
09-08-2008, 11:32 PM

Actually they seem more like that Pat Boone's Greatest Hits album you keep at the forefront of your collection :)

EDIT: for Chlamor, St Just looks an awful lot like Rafael Nadal

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:46 pm

anaxarchos
09-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Actually they seem more like that Pat Boone's Greatest Hits album you keep at the forefront of your collection :)

By golly, you're right! It's the Strawberry Alarm Clock.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:50 pm

anaxarchos
09-08-2008, 11:44 PM

Did you know that Pat did a Metal Album?

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Kid of the Black Hole
09-09-2008, 12:23 AM

Did you know that Pat did a Metal Album?
http://www.angelfire.com/scary/metalmoo ... od_lrg.jpg

Oh God yes. Pat Boone Goes Metal almost did him in, careerwise. They took away his insane TV show over it and he had to "recant" before they let him back in the club. Which has to feel something like begging to be let back in the asylum..

That reminds of a story I heard recently about Alan Ginsburg..some mental patient did nothing but sit naked in the lotus position and chant all day. He way totally non-responsive. So Ginsburg got naked and joined him..shortyl there after they had a nice chat going

Its like when Wiley and the sheep dog strike up a conversation at the very end of the spot, along the lines of "See ya tomorrow Verne.." "Tomorrow's another day, Earl", there's a name for this device employed in the theater..piercing the veil or something..but its late and I forget

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:54 pm

eattherich
09-09-2008, 03:19 AM

By golly, you're right! It's the Strawberry Alarm Clock.

Not sure what the connection is (http://www.rafaelnadal.com/).but this has always been my favorite by them. (http://wfmu.org/listen.ram?show=25106&a ... me=3:47:35)

Here's something I gots in my vast 45 archives :

I see it's worth 50 Euro.I paid $1.80 for mine on eBay in 2002.Can't buy like that anymore.Thanks for reminding me.I feel like pulling this out

Haven't played it in ages.Bought my original at a Goodwill,I see it online for as much as $150.00

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:55 pm

blindpig
09-09-2008, 07:50 AM

Me & some friends had a few words with him after a talk he gave. I believe he went away thinking we were nuts, some accomplishment, I suppose.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:57 pm

blindpig
09-09-2008, 09:39 AM
So BP, I figure that if Obama wins, things go on pretty much as today with some minor throw-off from DU type places. BUT, if he loses... I figure about 5% radicalization (and pretty frustrated "radicalization" at that). What do you figure happens to the other 95%? Do they just try to do it again for another 4 years? Frankly, I think the middle-class version of the radical bourgeoisie is a lot like made-for TV remakes of popular movies. Maybe they just can't get the hair right.
I dunno, I figure that even if he wins that there will be a shitload of angst as many of those 'hopeful' come to realize how badly they've allowed themselves to be scammed. They may not be radicalized but they sure will have some serious blues. The biggest chunk will continue to rationalize, though that act will get harder and harder, and many will give up pretense and go with the flow of the party, unapologetic right.

If he loses we get all of the excuses and the 'next time' bullshit. Winning might be more destructive of the Democratic Party than losing. Maybe I should vote for Obama.

It sure as hell ain't 1789. Could it be that not having a distinct, universally recognised uber class gives cover to both the the current magnates(when they choose) and allows the middle to pretend that all is honky dorey? Makes it much easier to hang on to your privilege when you pretend there ain't none.

It was only a handful of the 'radical bourgeoisie who were truly radical anyway, which explains the retrenchment that seemingly occurs every time. Maybe the leadership need come from elsewhere.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Michael Collins
09-12-2008, 02:57 AM

Link to article:

http://electionfraudnews.com/News/anaxarchos.htm

See the main page, left column:

http://electionfraudnews.com

I thought I'd posted this before but apparently not.

Great piece, short too;)

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Kid of the Black Hole
09-15-2008, 02:50 AM

Well it ain't the same devils (exactly) but POOF! there goes Lehman and Merrill..

Hey Wall Street that GAME OVER on your 80" plasma HD flatscreen ain't just the video game

..its referring to you!

Get ready to bend over and pucker up everybody, because we're the ones slated to take this fucking