The Story of Zoya and Shura by L. Kosmodemyanskaya

blindpig

Re: The Story of Zoya and Shura by L. Kosmodemyanskaya

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm

anaxarchos
02-04-2007, 10:45 PM

No... It was not a "leftist" movement. It was some crazy American shit that came from having the largest prison population in the world. The "flag" derives from some insane Atlantis conspiracy in the 1930s. All in all, it was only understandable to people from Rahway, new-age California sub-divisions, and Saudi princes who went to Andover (Osama anyone?).
"There is great chaos under heaven; the situation is excellent."

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:42 pm

PPLE
02-05-2007, 08:22 AM

Well, not to worry - we need to figger out how to upload pix to the server first, and we're dependent on mugafuga to weave some web majik fer that. So you're temporarily off the hook.

I see you registered youself in the application on the main page. I'll put some end user tips there and badger mugfuga for the pic uploda capability...

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Michael Collins
02-08-2007, 11:25 PM

But first a great truth:
Everyone was in agreement that he was a "fool". But suddenly they all declared: "How shrewd to do it on a bridge! If his aim is poor, it would obviously end his suffering at once. Good thinking! If he had been wounded, he would have fallen into the water and drowned before he could regain consciousness. Yes indeed, on a bridge...very clever!

One couldn't make any sense whatever of this whole affair: he was both a fool and very clever."
As one who has some familiarity with these things, I must say that this is the best version of events like this I can imagine. Something for everyone, except the victim who is long gone on a very cold day; memorialized only by the utility of his acts which ultimately negate any meaning that may have been intended. In this case, absent a fatal illness, I'd say the victim was depressed and disorganized. The commentary is devastating. I'm humbled, most seriously so.

My long journey is over. I have arrived in search of Anaxarchos, the teacher.

I've read the thread several times in anticipation of actually logging on. It is an excellent iterative summary of degradation.

The original pair of heroes is remarkable. Ms. Bunke has a place in history. Patty Hearst, featured regularly now in John Waters’s films, is now seen as a pop figure rather than the accomplice of a former prison informer with a serious mental illness.

Behold the new Tonya - Hero of de-evolution

I am now informed by the cultural anthropologist, Fosse (Bob) and his Chicago School of contemporary mass psychology.

We can't tolerate a real hero that would mean a commitment that would require sacrifice. We need someone who assures us that no commitment is ever required. Tonya is a fine example of that. She was utterly degraded in the eye of the public and what was her reward? Some serious time in the slammer? No, she received notoriety here and in Japan (as a professional wrassler).

Despite the public mantra of mockery exemplified by the Liddy, Harding, Lott, Swagert, etc etc., there are still acts of distinction and even heroism that occur every day in this country. Like the votes of the poor, these acts are routinely suppressed. What a shame.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:46 pm

anaxarchos
02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
We can't tolerate a real hero that would mean a commitment that would require sacrifice. We need someone who assures us that no commitment is ever required...
"We" can't tolerate anyone who thinks about "common good" (or the commons at all), who would put anything in front of self... my choice, my idea, my truth, my preference, my happiness, my vote, my comfort, my reasoning, my car, my space, my time, my feelings..... my, my.

Welcome autorank, friend of Michael Collins. It's good to see you. We are really, really happy:

I've got an essay for you. It's by Dmitry Pisarev and it is about "Bees" (really). It is right up your alley but it is nowhere on the web. I'll have to type it in. One 'a these days...

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Michael Collins
02-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Well, you could just PM me the title. I have my own sources of information, although I'd be reluctant to ask for such a document at the Library of Congress. It might result in an immediate holiday from my normal routine (that's humor, not paranoia).

And what makes you think I'm unhappy. 8) It's all good or going to be good at some point soon.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 pm

anaxarchos
02-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Well, you could just PM me the title. I have my own sources of information, although I'd be reluctant to ask for such a document at the Library of Congress. It might result in an immediate holiday from my normal routine (that's humor, not paranoia).

And what makes you think I'm unhappy. 8) It's all good or going to be good at some point soon.
I didn't know that the Library at Gitmo was that good...

...and I don't think you are unhappy. I just wanted to use that picture.

Selected Philosophical, Social, and Political Essays (Hardcover)
by Dimitri I. Pisarev

The better version is the one by Foreign Languages Publishing House, Moscow, 1958

but there is also a reprint by Hyperion in 1982

Selected Philosophical, Social, and Political Essays (http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Philosop ... F8&s=books)

(I might try scanning it in, anyway - it is that good)

link shortened - mike

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Michael Collins
02-22-2007, 04:30 PM

Thanks

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm

anaxarchos
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM

[quote[Thanks[/quote]

Read "Bees"....

It is about class struggle among bees.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm

chlamor
04-12-2007, 10:16 PM

Brilliant.

It works.

blindpig

Post by blindpig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:55 pm

anaxarchos
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Brilliant.

It works.
Hello, Mr. C and thanks. I didn't know what you were talking about at first - you take a while to close the circle.

I got the idea when you and I were talking about Malcom and I was looking at your threads on a single subject. There was some detail somewhere, about how when Malcom was in prison, he started to learn by copying out the dictionary. When a definition contained a word he didn't know, he would write out the definition for that as well. All of a sudden a whole world opened up that he never knew existed, and a set of connections as well. This story was sorta an updated web version of exactly the same thing. Shit, that's how I learned. I'll try another one pretty soon, just to see if this one was beginners luck...

Anyway, thanks for the idea.

How ya doin' out there?